long fur- yes or no?

All about samoyeds in english. Breeding, care, shows and so on. You need a registration for participation.
Ответить
algona
Новичок

long fur- yes or no?

#1 Сообщение algona » 06 мар 2007, 12:41

IS the long coat evidence on pure breed of the dog? I want to ask, according to your preferences, is it a long coat in standart, I know in criterion the long coat is indication of not pure breeding and is not supported unduly.
The pictures from bulgarian show are with few really pure samoyeds- they are with short fur- 2 females and 3 males/ babyes/. All the rest are with long fur, but not pure breed, without documents.
Despite this, I think they are beautiful dogs. But let the breeders talk...
" Некрасивие"????? :(

Нордюнчик
Старожил

Re: long fur- yes or no?

#2 Сообщение Нордюнчик » 06 мар 2007, 13:37

algona писал(а):IS the long coat evidence on pure breed of the dog? I want to ask, according to your preferences, is it a long coat in standart, I know in criterion the long coat is indication of not pure breeding and is not supported unduly.
The pictures from bulgarian show are with few really pure samoyeds- they are with short fur- 2 females and 3 males/ babyes/. All the rest are with long fur, but not pure breed, without documents.
Despite this, I think they are beautiful dogs. But let the breeders talk...
" Некрасивие"????? :(
like in any breed, there's beautiful creatures and quazimodos. i don't know about what the standart says about the fur and its length, but i do know, that samoyed with short, sparse fur isn't beautiful one, even if he is of purest blood. sorry, but pure (if you say so) samoeds in the presented pictures are not beautiful.

algona
Новичок

#3 Сообщение algona » 06 мар 2007, 23:25

really agree with you. Hope next time , when I send here pictures, you will say different things. I really dont like many of dogs in our country, but never tell that they are ugly- every creature has charm on its own.One more question- a little offtopic- do you like Bisqitte samoyeds@ i see here a picture of really .. brown dogs and everyone tells "замечателни"- and for me they are not good sams- I like pure white. :lol:

Ramzai
Новичок

#4 Сообщение Ramzai » 07 мар 2007, 00:07

Nice to see people from around world here :D

This is what the (FCI) Samoyed standard says about the coat:
HAIR : Profuse, thick, flexible and dense polar coat. The Samoyed is a double coated dog with short, soft and dense undercoat and longer, more harsh and straight outer coat. The coat should form a ruff around the neck and shoulders framing the head, especially in males. On head and on front of legs, hair is short and smooth ; on outside of ears short, standing off and smooth. Inside the ears should be well furred. On back of the thighs the hair forms trousers. There should be a protective growth of hair between the toes. The tail should be profusely covered with hair. The coat of the female is often shorter and softer in texture than that of the male. The correct coat texture should always have a special glistening sheen.

COLOUR : Pure white, cream or white with biscuit. (The basic colour to be white with a few biscuit markings.) Should never give the impression of being pale brown.

We rarely see true biscuits and I think it's quite sad, they can be really pretty. About the length of coat, I think it shouldn't be too long but not too short either. Hard to explain but easier to see in pictures.

bennieFut
Новичок

long fur yes or no

#5 Сообщение bennieFut » 27 апр 2019, 03:04

Will there be any shorter tasks in the next few months?
At the moment I cannot commit to a task that will take several months.

Thanks

Ответить