Самоедский мир

Форум породы самоед (самоедская собака)
Текущее время: 18 ноя 2017, 19:43

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: week some pain was expected from r
СообщениеДобавлено: 14 ноя 2017, 12:31 
Старейшина

England captain Alastair Cook opted not to enforce the follow-on despite securing a first-innings lead of 391 runs after bowling Pakistan out for 198 on day three of the second Test, at Old Trafford. England assistant coach, Paul Farbrace - speaking about the decision to Sky Sports at the close - said: It was pretty simple from our point of view.We thought we might as well get our runs while the pitch is good rather than put ourselves under pressure if we have to bat again after bowling them out - we are happy with the decision and hopefully we prove it right.But would our pundits have done the same?MIKE ATHERTON - No Michael Atherton and David Lloyd discuss whether England should have enforced the follow on Had I been captain, I would have enforced the follow-on and I dont think there many captains of yesteryear would not have enforced the follow-on - the bowlers were reasonably fresh, there was heavy cloud cover, Pakistans top order is vulnerable, and you cant be sure of two days good weather in Manchester.But the follow-on has gone out of fashion a little bit in the modern game, mainly down to scheduling rather than because of that famous game in Kolkata where India beat Australia. More often than not you get series with back-to-back Tests so the workload on fast bowlers is greater than it ever was in terms of high-intensity cricket coming day after day.So even with big leads, captains now bat again to give their bowlers a rest knowing there is another Test match to come. Barring floods, England will win this game, so all this has done is give Pakistan a little get-out clause. NASSER HUSSAIN - NoOne things that been missed during the debate about the follow-on is the fact that England bowled Pakistan out for 198 on what is a very good pitch that they scored 580 on. Its still rock hard - there are a few cracks there and there is a little bit of rough but it is a really good surface.Either way, England will win this game - they have better bowlers in these conditions and Pakistans batting line-up is frail - but I would have enforced the follow on. I cant see a downside to enforcing it. The pitch isnt going to become a minefield, like it can in places like Kolkata. With the rain, Englands bowlers are getting a rest anyway, so with hindsight perhaps Cook might have put Pakistan in. Watch a pick of the action from the third day of the second test between England and Pakistan at Old Trafford. SHANE WARNE - NoWhen youve got a lead of nearly 400, there is a little bit of rain about and you could get four or five wickets in the evening, why not stick the opposition in? Conditions were perfect - not like sometimes in Australia when its 45 degrees.There is also a week between Test matches and the bowlers hadnt really bowled, so I was surprised Cook didnt enforce the follow-on. I couldnt come up with reason why he didnt. All Pakistan are playing for is the draw, so the less amount of time they have to bat the better it is for them.DAVID LLOYD - NoIts a mystery to me. There will be mitigating factors that England can offer: we are going to run all over this pitch and make it a right mess to help Moeen Ali, we dont want to bowl with a wet ball and weve got two bowlers coming back into Test cricket.They may say Anderson and Stokes may not have the stamina thats required, Cook knowing he has another two days left in the game.MICHAEL HOLDING - NoWhen you are making a decision, you put a piece of paper on the desk and write reasons for or against. I am absolutely sure you would find more reasons to enforce than not to enforce. End of story.Watch live coverage of day four of the second Test between England and Pakistan live on Sky Sports 2 from 10.30am. Also See: Scorecard Over-by-over commentary Story of the Day Bees stop play Shayne Corson Jersey . Less than 24 hours later, in the same arena, he tried to recreate the magic of his all-time favourite player. Hilliard scored a career-high 26 points and No. Chris Pronger Jersey .S. routed Sweden 7-0 Sunday to win its fourth straight title and seventh overall under-18 world championship. Olson earned his third shutout of the tournament and the Americans allowed only four goals in six games to set an International Ice Hockey Federation under-18 record. http://www.officialbluesnhlshop.com/pie ... on-jersey/. Join World Soccer Pickem 2014 for your chance to win $5,500 in cash prizes by picking the winner of each game all the way through to the tournament final. Will you ride a favourite such as Spain or Germany, or cast your lot with an underdog like Ivory Coast or Mexico? Perhaps key victories from Netherlands or the United States will be your key to victory. Patrik Berglund Jersey . Cabrera-Bello shot a 1-over-par 73 and was caught by Webster, who carded 70 at Doha Golf Club for three-round totals of 12-under 204. They were only one stroke ahead of Adrien Saddier of France, the biggest mover with six birdies in his opening seven holes in a round of 64, South African Thomas Aiken (70) and Denmarks Thorbjorn Olesen (68) on a packed leaderboard. Alex Pietrangelo Jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have fired receivers coach Ike Hilliard.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State will update the status of Braxton Miller on Tuesday following a report that the star quarterback reinjured his throwing shoulder during practice. The school had refused to comment on The Columbus Dispatch report but cancelled scheduled interviews Tuesday for the fifth-ranked Buckeyes. School spokesman Jerry Emig did not say if Miller had medical tests or confirm Miller was hurt. The reigning two-time Big Ten offensive player of the year injured his right shoulder on a simple throw Monday afternoon, the Dispatch said. The senior and three-year starter had first hurt the shoulder in the Orange Bowl. He had surgery that prevented him from contact in spring practice and was held out of several practices and scrimmages in August. Redshirt freshman J.T. Barrett is Millers top backup and, if Miller is unable to play, would likely be the starter when the Buckeyes open the season on Aug. 30 against Navy at Baltimore. Coach Urban Meyer said Saturday that redshirt sophomore Cardale Jones is the third-team quarterback. Miller is one of the Big Tens most decorated quarterbacks, and the falloff in experience to Barrett and Jones is huge. Miller has thrown 666 passes in his glittering three-year career, starting as a freshman. Barrett has never played in a game, and Jones has thrown only two passes. Miller has also run for 32 touchdowns and passed for 52, putting him in reach of many of Ohio States career records for quarterbacks. Jones has run for one touchdown and has never thrown for one. Barrett was an acclaimed recruit out of Wichita Falls, Texas, who watched with Jones last year as Miller took most of the snaps in the Buckeyes 12-2 season. When Miller was hurt for most of the San Diego State, California and Florida A&M games with a sprained knee, senior Kenny Guiton had big games while leading Ohio State to victories. But Guiton graduated and the Buckeyes might have to adapt on the fly. Making that even more difficult is that Ohio State is without four of its five starting offensive linemen, its leading receiver (Corey Brown) and 1,500-yyard rusher Carlos Hyde from last years team.dddddddddddd Miller missed most of his senior season at high school in Huber Heights, Ohio, and has frequently been sidelined with injuries at Ohio State. As a freshman, he sprained an ankle against Nebraska -- a game in which the Buckeyes built a big lead but blew it -- but was able to play in subsequent games. Two years ago, he missed time during the game at Michigan State when he fell into an equipment case on the sideline, and later in the game hyperextended his left knee. He was hit hard by Purdues Josh Johnson later in the season and missed the rest of that game, with Guiton leading a stirring march in the final minute for a touchdown and the tying two-point conversion. The Buckeyes won in overtime. Last season, he sprained a knee early in the San Diego State game and missed the rest of that game and the next two, with Guiton filling in. Then he partially tore the labrum in his right shoulder on the first possession against Clemson in the Orange Bowl. He played the rest of the game. When the injury was discovered later, he had surgery in February. Ohio State said at the time that Miller had "minor, outpatient surgery." But he has had problems with the shoulder since. Still, he has repeatedly said he would be ready to go in the opener, and did so again between practices Monday. His workload had been reduced to avoid any ongoing soreness in the arm. Meyer said last week some pain was expected from routine throwing in practice. "I anticipated this," Meyer said. "Ive dealt with guys with arm issues before, and were being very cautious. He could have practiced (in one of the workouts in which he didnt play), but were in it for the long haul. So hes right on schedule." At the Buckeyes media day last week, Miller said his arm felt good and he was able to throw as much as he liked. "After my rehab, I was throwing to guys at least four days out of the week," he said. "Our timing and our situationwise, when I get back in there itll be like I never left." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Ответить с цитатой  

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа