How To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #740

Все о самоедах. Уход, питание, обучение и т.п. Для участия необходима регистрация.
Ответить
FrankJScott
Старейшина

How To Pick The Very Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #740

#1 Сообщение FrankJScott » 30 мар 2021, 23:21

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now you have a solid comprehension of exactly what a hygrometer does and what can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let us talk about how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Regrettably, you can't just use a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my very first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it stressful. This is actually the"puck" which is included with humidors the majority of the time and requires one to boil it into propylene glycol. I found it for a bit of a guessing game since you have to make sure your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It was mostly stressful because I utilized the free version in my humidor so results may vary. I just had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very simple. It takes approximately 30 seconds and you simply purchase the propylene glycol separately. This solution is odorless and just replaces water as a pure form of moisture. Using tap water can cause problems due to chlorine or other substances, and distilled water will not stay moist provided that propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make very simple to use products that you can merely open and pop it into a humidor such as this wineador. These include a much more controlled method of handling humidity than the puck method. The only bad thing is that you need to replace these completely the majority of the time every 3-6 months completely. I don't advise attempting to"re-soak" them together with the propylene glycol. The beauty of these, particularly the tubes is they don't take up much room in your humidor. However, depending on the size, the jar format will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Similar to the tubes or jar from Xikar and Drymistat, you can go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favourite cigar humidification method and ones that I utilize for the tupperdor today. But they could err a little on the high side in terms of humidity if you use them at a tupperdor. I'd like to go a few percentages lower than your desired humidity for a consequence when you have a tupperdor. (These packs are available in all different humidity levels.) They do a great job of consuming humidity if it's too high and growing if it's too low. As soon as your package is stiff, then you simply throw it off. That having been said, many claim to have the ability to recharge these quite easily simply by soaking them for a few days after they get stiff. Even though this might be a terrific way to spend less, the recharged packs definitely will not be as accurate as a first. To find out more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge because I'm going to spend hundreds of bucks on cigars, I do not want to cut any corners to save a couple bucks on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a common humidity method which many advocate across cigar forums. This provider revolves around these beads and they've a great deal of diehard followers for their product. These are most likely one of the costlier options but last forever. They do need spraying of water after two or week though so you've got to abide by a schedule. This way is a bit more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Typically, cigar collectors will have a pouch of those beads or a layer at the base of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There's nothing greater than the place it and overlook an electric humidifier, particularly in the event that you have a large or valuable collection. All these are a bit expensive when compared with the other options such as
rabbitair but there is the advantage of very little maintenance. The components also work best if plugged in -- so you will be required to conduct a flat cord to the exterior of your humidor. However a few of these units have a few really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify around 1,000 cigars! (That could be a lot of Boveda packs...) You do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 weeks but it's relatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
To get a bigger wineador installation, many recommend kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. I've never done this but many swear by it. This is a very similar technique to this Heartfelt beads strategy outlined above. The crucial thing is to get a kitty litter without a fragrance and spray distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I have seen very positive testimonials out of Exquisicat Crystals with very low fructose nor odor.

Ответить